Below you'll find both the Training Guide (TG) and the Good Practice Guide (GPG) that should be used in tandem during an SBC training. While TG guides the structure of discussion, GPG will be the reference text book. Select your language and enter your email to get started.
The Training Guide
The Homestay package should be used to help aspiring and current homestay owners start and improve their businesses. It focuses on key business principles to build on from what participants already know from managing their homestays and helps them to learn more. It can also build on from the learning in other C-BED tools namely SBO or AE. Participants bring experience to share and leave with a priority action plan (at least 3 actions to introduce improvements to their business). At the end of the training participants will have:
- Enhanced and advanced existing knowledge on homestay development
- Strengthened critical competences to analyse job prospects or current conditions of work
- Affirmed the potential of enterprise development
- Identified steps and actions to improve a business or launch a business idea
- Decided on actions for the future
- Started planning effective collaborations and associations
The Good Practice Guide
During the training day participants will be introduced to and become familiar with the Good Practice Guide (GPG), which they will then be able to use to further their learning and to support them in setting up or improving their businesses. The GPG contains best practices, tools and extra activities that supplement those covered in the training to further support the participants in setting up or improving their businesses. The exercises may depend on the GPG but if the participants do not have this guide this should not prevent them from moving forward, if necessary skip that activity.
The Homestay package is organised as follows :
- Session 1: Introductions
- Session 2: Creating Systems
- Session 3: Marketing Your Homestay
- Session 4: Budgeting and Pricing
- Session 5: Joint Problem Solving and Developing your Staffs
- Session 6: Improving Service
- Session 7: Safety and Health
- Session 8: Priority Action Plans
- Optional session: Creating a community-based tourism (CBT) homestay
A low cost, easy to implement training programme for micro and small enterprises in designated common sectors. Practical training tools for use in low resource, low capacity settings.